By Lexy Largent, Bridges to Growth
Summer is winding down, but there’s still time to squeeze in a little more summer fun! Here’s a list of some things to try:
- Make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker.
- Play water balloon baseball. Fill up some water balloons and go after them with a plastic bat!
- Have a picnic at the lake.
- Paint some kindness rocks.
- Hold your own backyard Olympics.
- Try squirt gun watercolor painting.
- Learn some jump rope rhymes.
- Make pipe cleaner creatures.
- Compete in a backyard obstacle course.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Play board games. Make up your own rules!
- Make a race track with masking tape.
- Decorate cardboard boxes and make a fort.
- Write a story together.
- Finger paint with pudding.
- Make homemade pizza.
- Interview a grandparent.
- Try your hand at origami.
- Make giant bubbles.
- Learn some magic tricks.
- Watch learn-to-draw videos on Youtube.
What fun things have you done with your kids this summer?