Watch to learn how to make an apple birdfeeder!
This week’s curbside supply bags included the ingredients to make the birdfeeders. If you weren’t able to get a supply bag this week, you can follow along with these instructions.
½ cup birdseed
¼ cup Water
½ packet of unflavored gelatin
1 small screw
1. Bring water to a boil, add gelatin, and stir until completely dissolved.
2. Mix the birdseed into this mixture.
3. Cut the apples in half lengthwise and hollow out the insides with a spoon or knife.
4. Fill each apple with birdseed mixture, set on a sheet pan, and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm.
5. Poke a screw into the top of each apple and tie a piece of twine to it.
6. Hang outside for all the birds to enjoy!