/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.png 0 0 Kathy Craig /wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.png Kathy Craig2020-10-13 01:51:192020-10-13 01:51:22How to Make a Popsicle Stick Catapult!
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Catapult!
Watch to learn how to make a popsicle stick catapult!
This week’s curbside supply bags included the ingredients to make popsicle stick catapults. If you weren’t able to get a supply bag this week, you can follow along with these instructions.
- 9 craft sticks
- 4-6 rubber bands
- 1 plastic spoon
- mini-pumpkin candies or candy corn
- markers, paint, stickers, or washi-tape to decorate if desired
- Take 7 of the craft sticks and tie a rubber band tightly around one end.
- Tie another rubber band tightly around the opposite end so all 7 sticks are bound together.
- Take the remaining 2 sticks and tie a rubber band on one of the ends. Try to tie the band close to the edge of the sticks.
- Insert the 7 sticks banded together between the 2 sticks of the 2 stick bundle.
- Tie a rubber band in a cross fashion, joining the two pieces together. The closer the 7 stick bundle gets to the edge, the more leverage the catapult will have.
- Decorate catapult if desired.
- Use a few rubber bands and attach a plastic spoon to the end.
- Launch your pumpkin! The children can have contests to see who can launch it the farthest, or set up small cups and see how many times a pumpkin lands in the cup. Another option is to forego the directions and allow the children to engineer the catapult themselves with the materials provided.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!