Watch to learn how to make a snow globe at home!
This week’s curbside supply bags included the supplies to make a snow globe. If you weren’t able to get a supply bag this week, you can follow along with these instructions.
- Small jar
- A plastic figurine or Legos
- Glycerin (optional: while it’s not necessary, it makes the glitter float better)
- Super glue or a hot glue gun
- Ask your child if they can find the perfect plastic figurine or Lego piece to use in their snow globe. No sense in buying a new one, if there’s already something at home!
- Put glue on the inside of the jar’s lid. Place and stick your child’s plastic figurine on it.
- Fill the jar with cold water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of glitter and stir.
- Add a few drops of glycerin.
- Screw the lid on the jar — you can glue it closed if you’re concerned about your child trying to open it.
- That’s it! Shake the jar or tip it upside down to make it “snow.”