Celebrate Thanksgiving with your little ones by making playdough turkeys!
Homemade Playdough Ingredients:
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon , pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, or caramel extract (Add more for stronger scent.)
- Food coloring: red, yellow, and blue
- Sift together flour, salt, and cream of tartar. Add to pot. And add water and oil. Turn stovetop on medium heat and stir constantly.
- Add scent of choice while stirring. When dough becomes a ball, remove from heat and add food coloring for desired color and knead until color is consistent throughout. TIP: Mix food coloring is separate bowl before adding to warm playdough. Knead until color is consistent throughout.
Tip: Mix food coloring is separate bowl before adding to warm playdough.
- For brown playdough, add 1 drop of red, 10 drops of yellow, and 2-3 drops of blue.
- For red playdough, add 20-30 drops of red.
- For orange playdough, add 10 drops of red and 20 drops of yellow.
- Googly eyes
- Foam sheets for making beak and wattle
- Anything else that would be fun!
Turn the kids loose to make their own original turkeys!